Buenos Aires Short Film Festival
is held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and is organised by Kiwiproducciones.
The festival will take place in December. The aim of BASFF is to show the very best of international short film production, to local audiences.
The BASFF Award to Best Short Film consists of a cash prize (U$S 5000) and a trip to Patagonia for the director and the producer of the film. (Please see point 9 below).
Also, Gorilla Production Software will be given to the director of best argentine short film.
Please excuse our bad english.
Applying your short film to the Intenational Competition:
1) All Short Films are accepted for consideration.
Entries must be sent in DVD format, for previewing porpusses (see point 7 for details) and checkout the electronic submission guidelines below.
2) Films of other than Spanish speaking origin should have Spanish subtitles. If this is not possible, an English dialog list must be provided.
3) There is an entry
fee of U$S 15.00.-
You may include the entry fee within the DVD box, or if you want to Pay with Credit Card or PayPal, please click here:
Participants are not entitled to claim rental or other fees for the screenings of their films at the festival.
4) The application should be made on a special entry form and should be accompanied by the entry fee, photos from the film and one of the director, a biography, a filmography, film posters and other relevant material.
5) ALL participating films will be presented in the
International Section, where the "Audienece award" will be given.
There is no charge for the viewing public.There is a maximum screening time of 18 hours (6 short film programmes, with 3 hours each). Earlier entries will be priorized
deadline for application and other material is May 30.
There is a late entries deadline, for short films finished at last minute: September 30.
Please let us know if you are going to send us a film in this special stage.
7) Submit your short film online.
a) Create a "zip" or a "rar" file of the "VIDEO_TS" folder of your DVD (the archive name must match your short film title).
If you cannot do this, you may send a ".avi" or ".mov" file.
b) Upload the archive file to Wetransfer, YousendIt, or Hotfile services and
c) Send us an email with the appropiate download link and the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A poster / picture of the short film
- A completed registration form (click the icon to download and complete the document)
- The transaction number delivered when you paid the entry fee with your Credit Card or PayPal account.
- The link provided by the Hotfile website, to download the file from your DVD. (Wetransfer and Yousendit will deliver us the link automatically)
You will recieve an email confirmation upon arrival of your shortfilm. The films received will not be shown on the festival website or any other website.
8) If you choose to send your film by mail, DVDs must be sent to the festival office in Buenos Aires, please let us know.
9) In addition to the "Audience Award" (U$S 5000), the director and the producer of the winner short film,
will recieve a three weeks trip to Patagonia, for two passangers each.
GORILLA Pro software will be given for the best argentine short film.
This award is sponsored by Jungle Software.
E-mail for questions and doubts: Click Here
ENTRY FORM HERE